FIND OUR CALENDAR ON THE CALENDAR BUTTON ABOVE TO CHECK THE SCHEDULE FOR STORYTIME DATES!
Ages birth-18 months.
Ages 18 months-3 years.
Ages 3-5 years.
Each Monday features a different theme. After reading enjoy a related craft to make and a snack! This program is designed for ages 4-6.
Come to the library at night for a storytime once a month. This storytime is for the whole family and everyone is invited to wear their pajamas. After the stories, everybody will make an edible craft.
To Book A School Visit:
Please contact our children's librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 610.358.3445 ext. 5.
Tips For a Successful Storytime
1. Please arrive early to allow time to get settled, go to the bathroom, etc. Storytimes for younger ones are only 20 minutes long, so all our time together is valuable.
2. Participate with your child! Children learn from watching. Feel free to sing and read along. Storytime is a chance to interact with books and the experience will be so much richer if you help your child participate.
3. Follow the age guidelines. Each program has been designed to be developmentally appropriate for the age-range listed. This doesn’t mean that older and younger siblings aren’t welcome, but when deciding which program to attend, refer to our descriptions to choose the program that’s best for your child’s age.
4. Minimize distractions. Please turn off all cell phones and tablets and save toys and snacks for after the program. Visiting with other parents is best saved for after storytime as well.
5. Keep reading! Check out the extra books provided to continue talking about each week’s theme. Asking questions and extending themes helps reinforce new information in your child’s mind. Kids love to tell you what they learned or what they remembered from story time!
Juvenile Series and Sequels
Find out what order to read a series in or if there is a sequel to your favorite book.
E-books for kids!
Award Winning Books
Visit the ALA’s Youth Services page to view all of the major awards for children’s books. Each link will take you to the awards’ listings of each year’s winner.
Live Homework Help
Chat live with a teacher for help with homework questions. Hours are from 2 pm to 11 pm.
Check out this website for fun events to do around Delware County for kids and families.